[bop-devel] Net::HTTPS::Any test bug / install failure, was: Business::OnlinePayment

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Fri Dec 13 15:03:15 PST 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 03:38:14PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> On 02/07/2013 10:28 PM, Ivan Kohler wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 01:44:00PM +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> >>
> >> Ivan, can you please fix the Net::HTTPS::Any bug
> >> https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=73363?
> >>
> >> This causes install failure of Business::OnlinePayment unless you have both
> >> SSLeay modules present.
> >>
> >> Please let me know if you need assistance.
> >
> > I certainly wouldn't refuse a patch, also happy to add you as a co-maint
> > for Net::HTTPS::Any
> >

> > For historical perspective, the whole B:OP:HTTPS / Net::HTTPS::Any thing
> > was mostly inspiried by Interchange's historical support for either
> > module and Mike Heins's reply about it being nice to have
> > http://www.icdevgroup.org/pipermail/interchange-users/2002-September/026005.html
> >

> Yes, please add me as co-maintainer for Net::HTTPS::Any.

Done.

FWIW, per above, the whole B:OP:HTTPS / Net::HTTPS::Any was added at
Interchange's behest over a decade ago.  From here in 2013, if
supporting both SSL modules doesn't make as much sense as it did in
2002, I'm also fine with dumping the whole idea and just picking the
current best-practice module for B:OP.

--
_ivan